Family Vacation

Family Vacation

Thursday, April 28, 2011

New nurses

I just had to write about our nurse tonight - I don't like her even a little. She is new and still training and has NO idea what it means to be a night nurse in peds. She comes in loud as ever while Nathan is sleeping. Then she talks to him to wake him up so she can tell him what she's going to do. I understand talking to him if he's already awake but don't wake him up on purpose, he's 3 and needs sleep.

Then she says "he has a poopy diaper, do you want me to change him"  - no I think you should leave him in his poop all night, that sounds like a wonderful idea. Then he can wake up with diaper rash and just add that to his list of problems. After that she throws the diaper away in the bathroom garbage, now this is just me being picky, but I hate it in there since it will then smell up the whole bathroom. It doesn't do that in the garbage in the room since that garbage has a lid.

Then she has to change his sheets because his poop was everywhere (why did she even have to question changing him) and opens and then slams shut the dirty linen container. It's metal and loud and it's 10:30 at night - BE QUIET. I just asked her if she could be a little quieter, she told me she has a job to do. I think I'm going to talk to someone tomorrow. I hate her, but she's the first one since we've been here so I'd say it's not that bad.

Oh and my other complaint, she yells across the room to me. If you want to talk to me walk across the room to where I am sitting so you don't have to yell to me. Especially when you are yelling over my sick, formerly sleeping 3 year old.

1 comment: