Family Vacation

Family Vacation

Friday, April 29, 2011

Finally A Good Day

I had a great idea today that would encourage the doctors to be a little more proactive in their diagnosing Nathan, I should have them come in each time Nathan goes to the bathroom to clean him up! I'm sure they would figure out quickly what was wrong with him if they were the ones cleaning him up 7 or 8 times a day.

We're still just sitting around all day not really doing much. Nathan's diarrhea is now really frequent and a water-like consistency but every time they send a sample the lab says its too thick and they can't run all the tests. So I have no idea how thin they need it but I don't ever want him to get there. The nurse was going to talk to the Dr. about that but I forgot to ask her what the doctor said. Nathan was actually in a pretty good mood for a little while today. He was up out of bed and running around the room. He kept going into the bathroom and laughing and then opening the door and jumping out at me. Then he layed on my bed for a while and told me he was going to sleep there and I could sleep in the chair.

He got a bath today and didn't really like it. He again told me that Trevor was the smelly, dirty one and he needed a bath not him. I told him he needed a bath since he's having visitors this weekend, he didn't see the need to be clean for them.

ORL finally came by, the attending GI doctor called himself, and said that Nathan is ready for surgery!!! Dr. N (ORL) said that he will talk to his secretary and she should be in touch with me about scheduling the surgery but we shouldn't expect it to be until July since it takes a while to coordinate the OR time and all the doctors who need to be there. He said it will only be about a 5 hour surgery with a couple weeks of recovery but after that Nathan's trach should be out. He said some kids panic once they get it removed and can't coordinate their breathing but he told me not to worry and we will cross that bridge when we get to it. So for now we just have to count down the days until mid-July!!

Nathan was laying in his bed today and we had a knock on the door and it was the unit secretary, he had a package for Nathan! We opened it up and it contained Cars books and Nathan could not have been any happier. He was thrilled to pieces with all his new books and one even had watercolor paints that we just had to use, he had a great time. It was nice to see him so happy today rather than just laying in bed all day.

Look at how happy he was, the box in the background was the one that was delivered today with his new cars books - he was so happy!!

So happy to be sitting on Mommy's bed - also known as a windowsill


He thought he was so funny, he told me he was going to sleep there!

2 comments: