Family Vacation

Family Vacation

Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

I hope all of you had a wonderful Father's Day celebrating the important Father's in your life, we sure did. We started the morning with a visit to my parent's house, the boys had spent the night there. We had a great breakfast with my parents and sister. Then it was time to take the boys home for naps.

After their naps we went to a Valley Cats baseball game. I was a little worried that the boys were going to get bored and antsy and we'd have to leave early. Nathan had a great time but Trevor did get a little antsy. When we first got there Nathan caught a glimpse of their mascot Southpaw and was shaking he was so scared. So I picked him up and carried him into the giftshop, we told him he could get a souvenier. So we bought him a new hat and we bought Trevor a little stuffed animal that he loved to try to eat. Then we went to our seats and watched the players warm up. After that Grandma and Grandpa joined us and Nathan was thrilled to see them. Then we walked over to the kids play area and bought tickets so Nathan could go into the bouncy maze and play games. At one point Matt lost sight of him and walked back to me thinking we would just wait for him at the end. I knew it had been too long so I went around the back and looked for him, he was sobbing and just standing there. There was a guy working so I told him Nathan needed to come out and he helped me get Nathan out. Once Nathan was safely in my arms he hugged me and stopped crying. Then he told me he fell and was scared, poor kid. So he didn't want to use the rest of his tickets, too scary, so we left - still with all our tickets. I gave them to a guy walking in with 3 kids, he was very appreciative of the free tickets.

Then we watched the baseball game for a while. Nathan had a great time sitting with grandma and grandpa and clapping whenever everyone else did. We did the wave a few times and he loved that! Then Trevor started to get a little tired and antsy. The real problem was the people behind us were eating popcorn and not sharing with Trevor and he didn't like that! So Matt and I took turns walking around with him. Then we decided to leave a little early. We went home and put the kids to bed then the adults sat outside and made s'mores by the fire. It was a great ending to a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment