Family Vacation

Family Vacation

Monday, May 30, 2011

Weekend

This weekend was a fun one for me, thanks to our family who made it possible. On Saturday I took a break from staring at Nathan (he won't let me actually play with him usually so I just sit and stare) so I could go out to Crooked Lake with my mom, sister and Trevor so we could see Aunt Sue and Uncle Chris who are here for the weekend. We had a great time and Trevor loved being able to get his toes wet. My in-laws stayed with Nathan so he wasn't alone. And to be honest, he much prefers a grandparent be with him at all times since Mommy is so boring!

Then Sunday I went out yet again to a christening while my in-laws stayed at the hospital for the day. I had a great time talking to people about things other than Nathan's pain level, bowel movements and imminent surgery. It was fun to watch Trevor realize he isn't the smallest person around. He kept poking the baby and then smiling at me - he couldn't believe the baby was real! They had a pool and Trevor demanded to be taken swimming, which was unfortunate for me since I didn't have a bathing suit. Luckily he's cute and someone else took him in the pool, I think he might be a fish! Trevee kicked his feet the whole time, he absolutley loved the pool. Then he started to turn a little blue and he was shivering so I took him out in true "mean mommy" fashion. Then my mom took Trevor home since it was nearing bedtime and all us "adults" stayed and talked. We had a great time all day.

Today is just another day of waiting. Since it's a holiday we aren't expecting to hear from Nathan's surgeon so we're just sitting around. I packed up a lot of Nathan's toys and will be sending them home with Matt in anticipation of going to Boston soon.

Lately a lot of people have been asking how I'm doing, I'm fine is my general response. I don't often get into how I'm really feeling where Nathan's health is concerned. Just know that I've been dealing with Nathan's chronic health problems since he was born, I'm used to it. That doesn't make it easy to watch him struggle and suffer, but I'm OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment