Family Vacation

Family Vacation

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Things I've Learned...

I've learned a lot of new things over the last 4 years, most of it related to Nathan but some of it about myself. Here is a list of things I've learned:

1. Doctors aren't always right
2. Doctors rarely know what is best for MY child
3. Nurses always mean well but some of them are burnt out and should leave the profession.
4. If it's been a bad day I think it's my personal responsibility to let above mentioned nurses know exactly what I think of them. This sometimes involves tears on their part.
5. Some nurses love Nathan just as much as I do.
6. The best nurses see Trevor come to visit and bring him snacks and juice. I love the ones who go out of their way to make my chunk feel special.
7. Nathan is the strongest person I know.
8. I can't take jokes about my parenting skills.
9. I have no problem telling a doctor/nurse/pca how to do their job if how they are doing it affects Nathan.
10. No IV is so important that Nathan needs to be treated like a pin cushion to get it. If you can't get it in 2 trys you better find me someone else.

That is just a short list to get you through until tomorrow when I post things I'm thankful for.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Laura, I'm so with you on numbers 1, 2 and 8. Amen to 8. Please, please don't joke about my parenting. It gets me every time.

    ReplyDelete