Family Vacation

Family Vacation

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Home and Back Again

Well, he's back in the hospital. Nathan had been doing really great since he was discharged from the hospital in Syracuse. He had stopped coughing as much and had completley stopped throwing up at night. Then things started to go downhill again.

Yesterday Nathan went to school and didn't do so great. He was tired and wanted to sleep during recess, he was still tired after he got home from school. My parents were babysitting since Matt was already at work and I had to work from 3-11. I left for work and told them that if Nathan got worse to just call 911 and then call me. I had been at work for 10 minutes when my mom called and said that Nathan was worse and they called 911.

Nathan went to the ER and was admitted to the PICU. We were only in the ER for 3 1/2 hours, our quickest ER visit ever! The plan is to transfer him to Boston today, now that he is more stable. His airway is swollen and seems to be shutting, and his lungs don't look great on x-ray. He was too unstable for transport yesterday but today he seems to be doing OK. Hopefully sometime later today the helicopter will arrive and take Nathan to Boston. For now we have no answers but I am hoping we will have some later.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Laura, I am so, so sorry that Nathan has to go through any of this. I'm thinking of you and praying for your sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete