Family Vacation

Family Vacation

Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's been a while

Well I was awful at updating a few times a week. I was even worse at updating a few times a month. Looks like life got in the way and I didn't have time to update, go figure.

Nathan has been doing great. He started school and couldn't love it anymore if he tried. He runs around all day, I swear I think they put him on a treadmill, and by the time he gets home he's so tired he can't even move.  Usually he goes to bed at 3pm and stays there until the next morning when it's time to get up and do it all over again. With him going to school I am realizing that my signing isn't as good as I would like it to be. There is a little boy in his class who is hearing but has deaf parents, he was signing to me the other morning and I had a hard time understanding him. I had Trevor with me and the other little boy was trying to tell me his mom is having a baby, I guess it's time to start looking into ASL classes.

Trevor is getting bigger by the second. He loves to eat, and blow raspberries while he's eating. He think's it's hysterical but he's the only one. The other night I had to clean my glasses because they were covered in baby food by the time he was done eating. Trevor is rolling all over the place and is desperate to be mobile so he can follow Nathan around better. I can't believe how easy a "normal" baby is to take care of. For anyone who ever think's it's hard: I dare you to take care of a very sick baby who has a trach and a feeding tube!

We are starting to get ready to go to Myrtle Beach in April with Matt's parents. I call our last trip there "Tour of the SC Hospitals" since Nathan was having problems with his feeding tube and we drove from hospital to hospital each day trying to get it fixed. Matt's Dad eventually went to the local firehouse to see where they take pediatric trauma's, assured them we weren't having an emergency, and got the closest (2 hours away) Childrens Hospital for us. Needless to say the vacation wasn't everything we wanted it to be. My one favorite memory is that everytime we said to Nathan "look at the waves" he would wave to them - it was cute. Hopefully this trip will be better, but I'm not looking forward to 12+ hours in the car with 2 kids.

I am also starting to get ready for Nathan's next surgery which will hopefully be in May, to remove his trach. I can't even begin to describe how life-changing that will be for the whole family. Hopefully it really does happen in May, sooner would be better. We go back to the Dr. in March and will hopefully know for sure when the surgery will be then.

Now I'm new to this whole blog thing so I'm going to try to figure out how to upload pictures but no promises! I also promise to try to update more often, especially when we get closer to surgery time. I decided that so many people liked our CaringBridge site that this blog would replace it. Thanks for checking in on us.
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment