Family Vacation

Family Vacation

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

19 Days

I can't believe that in less than 3 weeks we will be at Feeding Clinic.

Nathan and I went on Friday for his pre-admission appointment, it went well. I picked him up early from school and he loved that. It was fire prevention week and he had just spent some time looking at the fire truck and talking to firefighters so he was really chatty the whole way down to clinic. We got there and were seen pretty quickly.

The Dr was happy with the progress he had made since the last time we were there. She didn't like that he's lost some weight but she and I figured out the cause of it and we are working to fix it. We also talked a little bit about what reasonable goals would be for Nathan. It wasn't quite what I was expecting but she did say that by the end of clinic we should be able to turn down his tube feeds at least a little and his oral intake should increase each month after therapy. She said once he learns to eat orally he really juts needs to increase his volume enough to accomocate his caloric needs.

I had a meeting at my house with the Trevor team the other night. I was shocked at how easy it was to coordinate schedules so that Trevor always has a warm place to sleep at night. Since I have no idea what Matt's schedule will be, and if he has time off during the week he should come to clinic to learn how to feed Nathan, we needed to get Trevor taken care of each day I will be gone. It's lovely having a couple retired people who love my boy and are willing to step in for me when I can't be there for him. I know he's going to eat good while I'm gone!

Once we got home from clinic Matt and I took Nathan to school so he could go to the PTA movie night. He had a great time with all his friends. He met up with some of his classmates and they played a game of pretend baseball while they were waiting for the movie to start. Once we all moved into the gym to watch the movie Nathan came and sat with Matt and I, he didn't want to sit over with his friends. He and I layed on the mat together on the floor. The movie was Dolphin Tale - a pretty cute movie. I realized that Nathan might be the only kid alive who knows how to sit still and watch a movie. I think every other child there was yelled at by the principal to be quiet, she always just smiled at Nathan, he's an expert at watching movies.

Now I'm getting ready to go to FL for a March of Dimes conference. It's all about fundraising and how to be better at being a team captain. It's also a great opportunity for me to see all my MOD friends who I only get to see at this conference each year since we live all over the country. I'm excited to go but Nathan is nervous about who is going to be here while I'm gone. He acts like he's never been away from me. Trevor on the other hand has already said goodbye to me, days in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment