Family Vacation

Family Vacation

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Nothing New

Did you miss me while I wasn't updating? It's been a while because I've been pretty busy between work, the kids and managing to go to the gym most days.

The kids are great. Chubbo still won't walk, I think he's too fat and he loves to crawl. For now crawling is quicker and more familiar to him so he doesn't see a need to move around any other way. The doctor never called with bloodwork results which means it was fine. Also he never called with any suggestions after we faxed in the 3 day diet history we did, so he must also be eating OK too. Nathan is in preschool all summer and is having a great time. They are doing things more like a summer camp than school and he's having a ton of fun. He started eating applesauce at snack time and yogurt at lunch time - I know it doesn't sound like a big deal to most of you but it's huge for him.

We are now less than a month out from surgery and I'm starting to get nervous. I won't get into all of how I'm feeling but just know I'm not as relaxed about it as I may seem. Sending my 3 year old in for his 14th surgery isn't easy.

Matt and I joined a gym recently. The first few times I went I brought Trevor and dropped him off at their daycare and then attempted to work out, Nathan was at school. Trevor thought it was completley unacceptable that he wasn't in contact with mommy during those few minutes and screamed until they came to get me. As I was walking down the stairs towards the daycare area I could hear him, there were tons of people trying to make him happy but he just wanted me. Then I dropped him off the next day and the same thing happened. So now I drop him off at home with Daddy and then go to the gym alone. Really, I talked Lisa (my sister) into joining the gym with me so we go together most days. It's nice to have someone to go with, and it holds me accountable and makes me go more often. Lisa and I met with a trainer for a fitness evaluation (she won!) and an orientation to all the weight machines. He set us up with an exercise program and after the first time we did it I could barely walk, my c-section was less painful than the day following the workout! But it's getting better as my muscles remember they aren't just there to look pretty (he he he).

That's about all for us. The boys and I are going to Cape Cod in the beginning of August with my mom, sister, aunt trisha, aunt katherine and cousin ginny. It should be a great time and I'm looking forward to some relaxation on the beach before the stress of surgery. We are planning on going whale watching while we are there so Nathan should love that. Hopefully no one falls overboard ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment